A Business Dispute Lawyer Can Help When Lawsuits Are Necessary
No business owner wants to face litigation, but, unfortunately, business disputes may arise at any time, and that’s when a business litigation attorney can help. There are times when a lawsuit is necessary to defend your business and its practices, and the there are times you may face the unpleasantness of having to bring a lawsuit against an employee, customer, associate, or competitor who has breached a contract or done something detrimental to your business.
If you are involved in a business dispute or situation that may lead to litigation, help is available from the business attorneys at Stephenson Rife. We provide guidance on how to prevent, minimize, and resolve disputes, but will pursue litigation if someone has violated an agreement, and investigate and defend you if claims are made against you.
How a Business Litigation Attorney Can Help
When a dispute arises, many business owners try to resolve it on their own. This can be a mistake, since you may say or do something that complicates your situation and makes it harder to resolve. Most business litigation attorneys offer free consultations to discuss your individual situation and provide an idea of the best way to proceed. Once you have an attorney on your side, the opposition is likely to take your case seriously and work to resolve the issue or problem.
Why a Skilled Attorney Is Important to a Business Litigation Case
Here are some ways a business litigation attorney can help with your business dispute:
- Gathering evidence and information: Your attorney will examine any documents, evidence, and information relevant to the case, such as contracts, files, emails, notes, letters, photographs and videos.
- Filing or responding to a lawsuit: Depending on the situation, your attorney will file a lawsuit or respond to a case that has been filed against you.
- Taking you through discovery: The discovery process of a lawsuit involves having lawyers from both sides take depositions and asking for documents and answers to written questions.
- Negotiations: In most situations, it is better for all parties to settle civil lawsuits out of court through negotiation for a settlement that is acceptable to all sides.
- Mediation or arbitration: Some cases involve using a mediator or arbitrator to resolve issues, and your attorney can represent you accordingly.
- Court: If a settlement cannot be reached, your attorney will take the case to trial and argue on your behalf.
Shelbyville Business Litigation Attorneys Handle a Wide Range of Cases
Our attorneys are prepared to handle any business litigation problems and cases that arise. These include:
- Shareholder, member or partner litigation: These business disputes arise when ownership changes or for problems such as improper spending, unjustified expenses, mismanagement, theft, or embezzlement.
- Employee disputes: We can create legally enforceable employment contracts and defend you against any claims or disputes with employees or independent contractors.
- Breach of contract: We will aggressively protect your rights when you sue for damages if a contract is breached.
- Mediation and arbitration: Our team will represent your interests during arbitration or mediation in business disputes.
- Contract negotiations: We can negotiate contracts with employees, vendors, landlords and customers. We will make sure they are valid, and defend your business if violations occur.
- Lease dispute: Our attorneys will develop lease agreements that protect both landlords’ and tenants’ rights and defend you should disputes arise.
- Liability lawsuits: Our team defends you if you are sued for premises liability where someone is injured on your property or for product liability, a case in which someone is hurt by your product.
Call Our Business Litigation Lawyers for Help
Business litigation can be costly and unpleasant. It makes sense to utilize methods such as good planning, negotiating, mediation and arbitration to avoid or settle disputes. At Stephenson Rife, we will use all these techniques to resolve your issues, but we are fully prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
We offer a free consultation, so call the business litigation lawyers at Stephenson Rife at 317-680-2011 for advice if any business dispute or need for litigation arises.