Business disputes may lead to litigation that can be long, costly, and disruptive to a business. In many cases, a business mediation attorney can help resolve disputes without having to go to court or trial.
Mediation & Expert Testimony Attorney Can Help Solve Disputes
Business disputes that may lead to litigation can show up at any time if an employee, customer, associate, or competitor does something illegal or detrimental to your business or brings a lawsuit against you. If you are a business owner facing litigation, a mediation attorney may be able to help solve your issues out of court.
Business mediation is a process where you and the opposing party will sit down with your mediation attorneys and a neutral mediator in an attempt to reach a settlement. Your mediation attorney will work with you throughout the process to stand up for your rights and present your point of view.
There can be times when a legal issue related to businesses cannot be resolved with mediation and must proceed to court. In such cases, the team at Stephenson Rife has the skill and experience with business litigation to provide aggressive representation. When expert testimony is needed to resolve a business dispute, our team will identify the best option for an expert who can support your case. Under Indiana rule 702, expert testimony witnesses are qualified by their knowledge, skill and experience to testify and provide an opinion to help understand evidence or determine a fact in issue in a case.
The mediation and expert witness attorneys at Stephenson Rife offer a free consultation to examine the facts of your situation and show you how we can help. We are also business law attorneys and business litigation attorneys, so are fully prepared to help you with all your business issues. Call us today at 317-680-2011 to get started solving your problems.
How a Business Mediation Attorney Can Help with Disputes
When you have a mediation lawyer on your side, you will have help throughout every step of the case, whether or not the dispute is settled during mediation. If mediation does not resolve the issues, you can still take the case to court.
Your mediation lawyer can help by:
- Discussing the strengths and weaknesses of your case, considering laws relevant to your situation
- Helping to select a mediator familiar with the legal issues involved
- Providing the mediator with a confidential mediation statement, outlining the important points of your position
- Asserting your point of view with the opposition
- Realistically evaluating whether you should accept a settlement.
Business Attorney Knows the Pros and Cons of Mediation
Your business mediation attorney is also a business dispute lawyer familiar with how most business disputes get resolved and what your probable success at trial will be. Here are some of the pros and cons of mediation to consider:
- You and the other party have more control on how the situation will be resolved.
- Disputes can be settled quickly.
- Cost of mediation is less than going to court.
- Resolving a case together helps avoid future conflict.
- Even if you cannot agree on everything, you may resolve some issues.
There are some potential disadvantages to mediation:
- Some forms of mediation are binding, and you will not be able to have decisions made by a judge or jury or reviewed for legal error by an appellate court.
- If the dispute is not resolved, you will have costs of both mediation and a lawsuit.
Rely on Our Business Mediation Services for Help
Mediation can help eliminate some of the costs and unpleasantness of being faced with litigation. The business law lawyers at Stephenson Rife have a wide range of business mediation services that can help resolve your issues, but we are fully prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. We also have attorneys who can serve as expert witnesses.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation, so call us at 317-680-2011 for help today.