Our Business Attorney Can Protect the Interests of Your Business
At Stephenson Rife, our business attorneys help you make the most of your company. State and federal laws set rules for businesses. We educate our clients about the boundaries established by those rules so they can avoid legal disputes. Our business lawyers also can defend your business against legal claims by individuals, other companies, and government agencies.
Our Business Law Firm Can Cover a Wide Range of Legal Challenges
Just about everything a business can do is regulated in some way by local, state, or federal codes, regulations, statutes, or judicial decisions. They include:
- Business formation
- Ownership agreements
- Intellectual property
- Occupational safety
- Consumer protection
- Premises liability
- Real estate
- Secured loans.
The range and complexity of laws governing businesses have such broad reach that a business owner may unintentionally violate a regulation. When drafting documents that can directly impact the future of their business, those same business owners may leave themselves open to future lawsuits. The business attorneys at Stephenson Rife can handle the full range of legal needs businesses have. We can review and draft documents, mediate disputes and litigate on your behalf in court.
Be sure to protect your business from lawsuits or harm by competitors acting outside the law. When you need a business attorney, call Stephenson Rife at 317-680-2011.
A Shelbyville Business Attorney Can Handle Legal Issues That Impact Your Company
The most important service we provide is keeping our business clients out of legal trouble. We answer questions and advise our clients so they can get through the legal minefield that comes with owning and running a business. An ounce of prevention can be worth a ton of cure for you and your business.
- If you’re starting a business, you can choose from different legal entities to own it. Some are a better fit for you than others.
- We review, negotiate, and draft contracts. They can be for employees, suppliers, contractors, joint ventures, and between co-owners.
- Knowing and obeying employment laws should keep you out of a lot of trouble. We try to steer our clients clear of problems, but we will defend them before government agencies and in court if they come up.
- Intellectual property may be the most valuable thing your company owns. It can be patents, copyrights, trademarks, customer lists, and marketing plans. We advise our clients on how to protect these assets. When necessary, our business litigation attorney can take action against those using them without your permission.
- Having the right insurance can be critical to your company’s survival if something goes wrong. We advise our clients on the coverage they should obtain. Stephenson Rife also represents businesses whose insurance claims were improperly denied.
- If you lease your space, your lease should be reviewed so you understand your rights and responsibilities. We may be able to negotiate favorable language that could help you now and into the future.
Like all legal areas, few business law disputes are resolved at a trial. Most conflicts are settled through negotiation, and mediation in business disputes can also be used. Stephenson Rife attorneys are skilled negotiators and seasoned mediators.
Take the Next Step: Contact a Business Lawyer at Stephenson Rife
Getting into legal trouble could be a life or death issue for a business. The time, energy, and money you’ve invested in your company could be at risk if a legal issue isn’t avoided or handled correctly. Our advice and representation could also set the stage for the success of your business both today and tomorrow.
For a free initial consultation with a business lawyer, call us today at 317-680-2011. We can talk about the challenges you face today, your goals for the future, and the best way to reach them using the least time, energy, and cost.