Truck Accident Case
We took more than 60 depositions in five different states. Because of Stephenson’s tireless advocacy, shortly before the trial was to commence, the defendants settled the case for $48.5 million.
Our Personal Injury Attorney Fights for Justice
Personal injury involves mental and physical injuries to a person caused by someone else’s negligence; such harm may be severe enough to result in death. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence or fault of someone else, a personal injury lawyer in Shelbyville can help you get compensation for your losses, such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
The personal injury lawyers at Stephenson Rife will fight for justice and the settlement you deserve. Call us today for a free case evaluation at 317-680-2011 to see how we can help.
Why it Pays to Have a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured in an accident, the resulting problems from physical and emotional pain and trauma can be devastating. Financial losses and loss of income from being unable to work can threaten your future. Insurance may not be adequate, and insurance companies will try to get you to accept the lowest settlement possible.
Our personal injury lawyers help take the burden off you by investigating your case, negotiating with insurance companies and their lawyers, filing paperwork in a timely manner, and building your case. When necessary, our skilled litigators will take your case to court. Leave the legal hurdles to us so you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
Injuries Our Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
A personal injury can occur in many ways, and our personal injury attorneys are equipped to handle all of them. Among the most common types of personal injury lawsuits we deal with are:
- Vehicle accidents. These include car, truck and motorcycle accidents, as well as injuries to pedestrians.
- Slip-and-fall cases. In such cases, there are injuries that resulted from a slip or fall on someone else’s property.
- Product liability. This type of lawsuit applies if you were harmed by a defective product.
- Medical malpractice. If a medical professional’s negligence led to injury or death, you may file a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Dog bites. Indiana has a “one bite” rule, under which owners cannot be held liable for any injuries that occur the first time their dog attacks. However, they may be held liable for subsequent attacks.
Damages Our Personal Injury Lawyers May Recover
If you suffered personal injury due to another party’s fault or negligence, our attorneys may recover a compensation award, called damages, for your economic or financial losses and non-monetary damages, such as pain and suffering.
Compensatory damages are to cover losses and costs such as:
- Medical and rehabilitative bills and equipment
- Lost wages and future earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Permanent disability.
Punitive damages may also be awarded in certain circumstances to punish negligent parties for willful negligence, malice, fraud, or especially egregious behavior and to act as a deterrent for similar misconduct in the future.
To win your case, our attorneys would have to prove that …
- The defendant had a duty of care not to injure you
- They breached or failed in that duty by acting negligently
- This failure of duty caused your injuries
- You suffered damages as a result.
To prove negligence, our legal team would investigate your case, gather evidence from surveillance cameras, police and medical reports, interview witnesses, and hire experts to reconstruct the accident, if necessary.
Call Our Personal Injury Lawyers for Help
If you or a loved one has suffered personal injury, time is of the essence. Indiana has a statute of limitations for most personal injury claims. According to Indiana Code (IC) 34-11-2-4(3) you must file a claim within two years from the date of the accident or the courts will not hear your case. In addition, evidence tends to disappear and the memories of witnesses fade over time.
So do not delay. Call the personal injury lawyers at Stephenson Rife today at 317-680-2011 for your free, no-obligation consultation. We work on a contingency basis, so there is no fee until we win a settlement for you.